Monday, April 11, 2011

Nickel Diner in Historic Downtown LA

Nickel Diner was featured on one of my favorite Food Network shows Diner's, Drive-In's, and Dives and after that I knew I had to go for a visit.  It's in the historic area 
 of downtown LA, and after our tour of historic downtown (blog post to come later) we really could use some food. I'd describe the food as typical diner food with a California twist.  Nothing is quite how you expect it but it's a welcome twist.  We stopped in on a 
Saturday mid-morning and it waspacked.  I really came for a maple bacon donut so instead of putting our names in for the wait we got donuts to go.  I got the maple bacon donut because of course everything is better with bacon and Grete got the Irish Car Bomb donut.  We both equally loved our selections.  This place has character, history, and glam appeal.  I recommend going for an awesome meal made by chef Monica May and getting a hand made pastry by chef Sharlena Fong.  Of all the amazing desserts I must say the next one I will try is the hand made pop tart! The restaurant is off of 5th and Main street and open everyday from 8-3:30 then 6-11 except for Monday.  Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

  1. I loved my Irish Car Bomb donut!!! Would definitely get it again.

    ReplyDelete