Saturday, April 2, 2011

Do it Yourself Spa Day

While here you have to live it up like a celebrity and spend a day getting pampered.  There are so many options I can't even begin to really do it justice so I will throw out a few options for people that may not have the time and or money to go to a spa.  Here is my take on a do it yourself spa day.  I started the day with Yoga to relax and soak up some sun.  Then I had a hair appointment at my favorite salon.  I go to Salon 36 in Bixby Knolls - a trendy neighborhood in Long Beach. The owner Jody is amazing and takes great pride in her art and skills.  Next, eyebrow threading.  I never had my eyebrows threaded until I came to California.  I go to Ziba Beauty because its convenient, fairly cheap, and I had a groupon.  Then of course a Mani/Pedi is essential especially if you're planning on wearing sandals.  My place of choice is Happy Nails.  There are plenty of locations and again a pretty decent price.  Lastly, a massage to end the day is ideal.  Massage Envy is great again because of there are multiple locations and they are consistent.  All of the places I chose are chains so the products are simple and of course affordable. Everything above can be done for less than $200.  You can do all of the services above or just stop in for one service on your way home from work.  The only downfall about doing a spa day like this is having to drive to all of the places, so have a friend chauffer you around!

If you really want to have an unforgettable California experience spring for an all inclusive spa.  Glen Ivy is a popular one that a friend has recommended. 

After a great day of spoiling yourself, have a drink, throw a party, or go out and dance, all of which I did after my do it yourself spa day!

No comments:

Post a Comment