Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Palm's Thai Restaurant

I was a little disappointed when I went to Palms Thai. It is a Thai restaurant located in Thai town (in Hollywood.)  The restaurant is know for having a signing Thai Elvis perform, however he wasn't there when we went.
 
We went on a Thursday night, around 8:30ish.  It was packed inside and seating was cafeteria style.  The hostess seated us at a table in the middle of the room and we looked at the extensive menu.  It was slightly overwhelming with so many dishes, but that is almost typical of a Thai restaurant.  We finally settled on two dishes, me the Kee Mao Noodle which is Flat rice pan fried noodles with chili, bell pepper, basil leaves, tomato, and onion served on a bed of lettuce, and Grete ordered Spicy Noodle Soup which is rice noodle with shrimp, squid, ground pork, BBQ pork, fish ball, imitation crab, and bean sprout seasoned with lime juice, chili, and ground peanut. I've had my dish before (sometimes known as drunken noodles) but I haven't found a place that I like in California.  Grete really had no idea what she was ordering but liked it because it had a lot of seafood.

My dish came out first, had we known the portions would be as big as they were, we would have only ordered one dish.  We both really enjoyed the noodles.  It was actually the best I've had since leaving Boston.  Grete's dish came out not that long after mine.  I thought it was fairly good but Grete thought it was too spicy.  We ate dinner while listening to an acoustic guitar performer playing James Taylor covers.  We left with a lot of leftovers which we enjoyed the next day for lunch.  

Overall, the food was good, but not really worth going to unless you're in the area and you can catch the singing Elvis.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment