Friday, May 20, 2011

Milk

Milk is an all around cafe.  They have food, a bake shop with yummy desserts, and they're an ice cream parlor.  The food menu includes hot pressed sandwiches, salads, and soups -- it all looked good but I was there for dessert. They have a slew of cookies and cakes, most notably the blue velvet cake.  Unfortunately I did not get a chance to try it this trip but instead opted for a selection from the ice cream parlor.  For a place named milk I had to try some of the homemade ice cream so I got a strawberry shortcake milkshake. It had vanilla ice cream, malted milk, strawberry sorbet and buttery crunch cookie crumble.

It took a few minutes to make the shake but when it came it looked like a lot of care had gone into it. It was creamy on the top, with delicious vanilla bean ice cream, whipped cream, and strawberry syrup.  Then, we I got to the bottom there was a nice surprise!  Strawberry Sorbet.  It was light and crisp compared to the comparably heaviness of the ice cream.  Of course, I could not finish it alone so Grete helped me!  We both loved it.  If we end up here next time we will get blue velvet cake.  I hear its to die for :)

2 comments:

  1. Their sandwiches are good too! We sometimes walk there to get lunch when our home-brought sandwiches seem so boring. And yes, you were just around the corner from my office!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sandwiches looked really good. I feel like a lot of this list is just around the corner from your office :)

    ReplyDelete